Sunday, May 11, 2014

Advocare 24-day Challenge - Grocery list

Tomorrow's the day! I will be beginning the 10 day cleanse of the Advocare 24-day Challenge. The premise of this diet plan is to take supplements that boost your metabolism while drinking lots of water and eating healthy. For the first 10 days, I will be taking and Herbal cleanse product, Omegaplex vitamin supplement product, and a Spark energy drink product that boosts energy and provides extra vitamins. I will also drink 1 meal-replacement shake for breakfast most days. I will also be eating as many raw fruits and veggies as possible, drinking at least 1 gallon of water per day (and only water, no diet sodas, coffee, tea, or alcohol), and eating lean meats prepared in a healthy manner. During this 10 days, I can't eat sugar (except for those in fruits/veggies), dairy, or bread. After the 10 day cleanse, I will continue for 14 days on the healthy diet with no supplements. Click here for the Advocare website.

I have heard mixed reviews about Advocare. Some say that they had long-term success, others say that they had success on the 24-days but gained all the weight back after they stopped taking supplements and following the Advocare dietary rules. To be honest, I think supplements and cleanses are mostly a crock. It could work for some people's bodies, but not others. I have never tried supplements, though, so it will be interesting to see how they make me feel and whether or not I feel they are making the weight loss process easier.

In the end, however, I feel that there is NO easy way to lose weight...the ONLY way to do it is to be conscious of what you're eating and attempt to be active. That is why I am still excited about the restrictions of the Advocare dietary recommendations for the first 10 days. Even if they don't "cleanse" my body, it will still force me to eat fresh fruits and veggies and look up healthy ways to prepare lean meats. I'm hoping this will set me on a good path of thinking about what I'm putting in my body, logging my foods, and religiously drinking water! I will also be either walking or doing a home exercise video (either Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred or Biggest Loser's CardioMax) every day.

So, I have the box of the shakes and supplements from Advocare, and I have just returned from a long, expensive trip to Wal-Mart with some good looking produce, whole grains, and lean meats.





This is my grocery list:

FRUITS/VEGGIES
Oranges
Apples
Bananas
Pineapple
Grape
Pears
Iceberg lettuce
Tomatoes
Avocado
Asparagus
Zucchini
Squash
Broccoli
Onion
Corn
Garlic

PROTEINS
Salmon
Chicken breasts (8)
Rotisserie chicken
Cod
Sliced chicken/turkey (from deli)
Eggs or Eggbeaters
Ground Turkey meat (x3)

SIDES
Whole grain brown rice
Steel cut oatmeal
Black beans
Pinto Beans

OTHER
2 gallon jugs water
Rotel
Tomato Paste
Taco seasoning
NATURAL peanut butter
Nuts
chicken broth

No comments:

Post a Comment