Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sugar withdrawal!

I've been on Advocare's 24-day Challenge for 2 days now. Both afternoons, I have completely crashed! I feel tired, my tummy hurts, I get a little headache. I even drank a second "Spark" energy drink today thinking that this might fix it, but I am sitting here on the couch feeling unable to do anything! Either way, I don't feel great and I haven't felt like this when trying other diet plans like calorie counting and Weight Watchers. I have been sticking to my meal plan and eating a snack every few hours, so I don't have an explanation for why this is happening! 

I wonder if I'm having sugar withdrawals since I have cut out processed carbs and sweets? A quick Google search reveals that sugar withdrawal might be a "thing," but, then again, I hear that this is up for debate. Either way, I think that it's interesting to learn about how sugar is processed by our bodies.





I can't pinpoint if what I'm feeling is a sugar detox, but I definitely feel a lot of the symptoms that are listed in some of the images from the Google search.

 I hope this feeling goes away soon...






No comments:

Post a Comment